I started this blog primarily for my parents who are full-time missionaries in Panama. I wanted them to be able to follow my progress in building a "workshop" in my hollow. The 3 month construction period is now into month 8 :) I have gotten lazy about the blog as I have become overwhelmed by keeping up with the construction, my career, my family, etc. As I begin again here in month 8, I am committed to not only getting back on the wagon, but catching up on these past three months adventures via the blog...one day at a time.

So enjoy the laughter and the tears as a single girl continues her adventure...building her dream at the bottom of the mountain, by the creek, in a beautiful hollow in north Arkansas.

Working My Way Back Home

Working My Way Back Home
Me...Completely Giddy...1st Day

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Framing Begins




The walls are going up!!! I can hardly believe it! Only three days, and the second floor is going up (see pictures). I have already had to make changes because of errors I made in drawing up the plans. I did not account for the width of the walls so the downstairs photography office is changing. Not to worry though...Fitzpatrick already has a solution, and I am very happy with it. I just smile because I am learning so much through this process. The rest of the spaces on the first floor are just as I imagined. Tomorrow I will be onsite to review with Fitzpatrick the second level with the floor down. This will lead to my next step...kitchen appliances, ordering the tub, shower, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment