I started this blog primarily for my parents who are full-time missionaries in Panama. I wanted them to be able to follow my progress in building a "workshop" in my hollow. The 3 month construction period is now into month 8 :) I have gotten lazy about the blog as I have become overwhelmed by keeping up with the construction, my career, my family, etc. As I begin again here in month 8, I am committed to not only getting back on the wagon, but catching up on these past three months adventures via the blog...one day at a time.

So enjoy the laughter and the tears as a single girl continues her adventure...building her dream at the bottom of the mountain, by the creek, in a beautiful hollow in north Arkansas.

Working My Way Back Home

Working My Way Back Home
Me...Completely Giddy...1st Day

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Barn Doors and Mechanical Room Doors (mid-April)


I came back from my trip to San Francisco to see a lot of new things, but one of my absolute favorite surprises were these....the barn doors (and mechanical room door)...WOW!!!!  As Steve said to me as I stood there near tears, they look just like the picture....yes, they do :).  I saw a picture of a renovated barn, and I had given the picture to Steve when we got started last year and said this is the look I am going for on the exterior.  Boy did he deliver.  His nephew actually made them...a great carpenter.  They absolutely set off the entire workshop and "make" the look.

The finishing touch for the doors...Bob Patrick, a local blacksmith, is making the handles and door holders...I will certainly share those in a future blog once they are installed.

I am now up-to-date with my blogs...YEAH!!!  With the rate at which things are humming now...there will be a lot of posts this coming weekend so standby!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment