I started this blog primarily for my parents who are full-time missionaries in Panama. I wanted them to be able to follow my progress in building a "workshop" in my hollow. The 3 month construction period is now into month 8 :) I have gotten lazy about the blog as I have become overwhelmed by keeping up with the construction, my career, my family, etc. As I begin again here in month 8, I am committed to not only getting back on the wagon, but catching up on these past three months adventures via the blog...one day at a time.

So enjoy the laughter and the tears as a single girl continues her adventure...building her dream at the bottom of the mountain, by the creek, in a beautiful hollow in north Arkansas.

Working My Way Back Home

Working My Way Back Home
Me...Completely Giddy...1st Day

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Newest Discovery ~ Another Beautiful Bluff Line


I thought a change would be in order....actually I am really excited and wanted to share what Wesley uncovered with his dozer.  As I noted in the water and spring house blogs, Wesley took his dozer and cut a road down to Caney Creek.  Well, he didn't actually stop there....he took the time to cut what will be a future four wheeler path along the creek.  It actually serves the additional purpose of getting us access to continue ice storm clean-up since there are trees down everywhere (the pictures tell even more of the story).  So, imagine his surprise as he starts clearing it out when it opens up to the most beautiful stretch of bluff line.  Gorgeous, huh?!  In case you can't tell from the photos, you can actually crawl in most sections of the bluff and lay down, etc.  I would imagine that at one point indians, bank robbers (probably), etc. crawled up in there to wait out a storm.  It is just beautiful, and I had to share. 

Of course those who know me know my love of lopsided hearts.  The story is that I discovered a rock shaped like a lopsided heart in 1996 at a church camp I was visiting with my friend John Hendrix.  It was a "sign" for me at the time, and I started collecting them.  John came to pick up some books, I got a sign from God ~ that is even..ha ha :)  I still have that original one from '96 too.  Anyway, the last picture is a huge lopsided heart rock (though I cannot get the picture to load to the blog in the correct direction), and even better...it is covered with moss (which I love almost as much...in fact I have pondered naming the land Moss Cove or something to that effect).  Anyway, both were good signs...are good signs.  Just God reminding me of his power in the beauty he created all around me. :)  I am blessed...VERY!

No comments:

Post a Comment