I started this blog primarily for my parents who are full-time missionaries in Panama. I wanted them to be able to follow my progress in building a "workshop" in my hollow. The 3 month construction period is now into month 8 :) I have gotten lazy about the blog as I have become overwhelmed by keeping up with the construction, my career, my family, etc. As I begin again here in month 8, I am committed to not only getting back on the wagon, but catching up on these past three months adventures via the blog...one day at a time.

So enjoy the laughter and the tears as a single girl continues her adventure...building her dream at the bottom of the mountain, by the creek, in a beautiful hollow in north Arkansas.

Working My Way Back Home

Working My Way Back Home
Me...Completely Giddy...1st Day

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Doors ~ Finally! (mid - March)


Doors!  I came in for the weekend in mid-March to the most glorious site - doors.  Just with the windows, I must now begin to focus on the blessing of their arrival and beauty, and forget the nightmare that came in getting them to this point. 

They are gorgeous, aren't they??  They are solid wood - alder doors.  It was the knotty appearance that sold me.  Now the hard part begins, I am going to be the one who stains and seals all of these doors.  I am SO excited.  Actually, I am....I need some sweat equity in this place.  The most sweating I have done since around Christmas was sweat over how to cover the checks ;)  So I start trying to figure out when I can do it...how about the next weekend in March (last one)?  I am running out of time.  So I begin to prep for a long weekend of staining...at the very least the exterior doors must be done.

One other thing I want to point out is the ventilation you see in the third picture from the top. It is right below the roof line and above the doors.  I never noticed or even knew this was needed, but it lets your house breathe.  Who knew??  I do now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment