I started this blog primarily for my parents who are full-time missionaries in Panama. I wanted them to be able to follow my progress in building a "workshop" in my hollow. The 3 month construction period is now into month 8 :) I have gotten lazy about the blog as I have become overwhelmed by keeping up with the construction, my career, my family, etc. As I begin again here in month 8, I am committed to not only getting back on the wagon, but catching up on these past three months adventures via the blog...one day at a time.

So enjoy the laughter and the tears as a single girl continues her adventure...building her dream at the bottom of the mountain, by the creek, in a beautiful hollow in north Arkansas.

Working My Way Back Home

Working My Way Back Home
Me...Completely Giddy...1st Day

Saturday, April 24, 2010

More Heat & Air, Electric Sub, Plumbing Sub (March)


The sub work on the heat & air, electric, and plumbing continues in March as it becomes a race against time to get everything in the walls before the sheetrock sub is scheduled to be on site.  The pictures show the story.  You can also see the pine beams clearly in these shots.  This was a "Heather add-on" that I absolutely love.  Phillip Fouraker has been invaluable on a lot of this lumber - the pine beams, cedar deck railing and cedar deck roofing, and the pine for the interior ceiling (to be discussed later and completed later this summer).  There is a lot of extra wiring upstairs in the office for satellite Internet, etc.  I am trying to get everything planned out now so at some point it will be "hot wired for speed" :).

It is clearly a lot of work, a lot of wire, but smarter to do a lot of this now rather than later.  Continuing to be excited and amazed.


No comments:

Post a Comment