I started this blog primarily for my parents who are full-time missionaries in Panama. I wanted them to be able to follow my progress in building a "workshop" in my hollow. The 3 month construction period is now into month 8 :) I have gotten lazy about the blog as I have become overwhelmed by keeping up with the construction, my career, my family, etc. As I begin again here in month 8, I am committed to not only getting back on the wagon, but catching up on these past three months adventures via the blog...one day at a time.

So enjoy the laughter and the tears as a single girl continues her adventure...building her dream at the bottom of the mountain, by the creek, in a beautiful hollow in north Arkansas.

Working My Way Back Home

Working My Way Back Home
Me...Completely Giddy...1st Day

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Deck ~ Bringing the Hollow to You

In between the snow and the window delivery (January to mid-Feb), the deck went up along with the rafters above it.  I had to share a small post about it with some photos.  Steve Fitzpatrick and his crew built the most beautiful deck.  It is 6' wide and the full length of the upstairs.  It is gorgeous!!! 

Just standing and sitting on it, I could imagine myself out there with a cup of coffee watching the sunrise, listening to the birds...I felt such peace even imagining it.  From every angle on the deck, you have the most beautiful view.  Looking out front, you have a straight shot down Caney Creek and Caney Hollow.  It is simply amazing!  To your right, you have another beautiful view of Caney Creek and the stunning bluff lines.  To your left, you have the engineering marvel of "the road" framed by the most beautiful bluff line I have ever seen, and a side creek that winds down from another hollow.

Wesley took pictures of me sitting on the deck, swinging my legs over the side of the deck, and generally acting goofy.  I am a little goofy.  I am also very, very happy.  The dream is coming true, and with every huge bout of stress there is also an amazing moment of WOW!  God is always good that way.  Isn't that amazing?  I sure think so. 

I also wanted to share a picture of me and Wesley on the new deck.  I am a private person (oxymoron considering I am blogging), but I feel inclined to share the blessing that is Wesley Shipman.  Through this process, he has been my true partner in crime, and I could not have done it without him.  There are lots of dreams that are coming true through this process.  I am starting to think the hollow is magical.  Wesley comes from excellent stock, and they have taken me in and made me one of them.  The Shipman family has been this huge cheering section for me, encouraging me to live the dream even when it looked bleak.  I am blessed to call them "my family".  Thank you ~ all of you!

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! Maybe Rachel and I can come stay with you one weekend when it is all done. :-) It sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you Heather! Glad to see and hear more of what's going on in your life as you build your dreams! If you every road trip up through NJ I'd love to catch up in person :-) XO, Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love that too Meredith!! I think of our fun times in Charlotte often :)

    ReplyDelete