I started this blog primarily for my parents who are full-time missionaries in Panama. I wanted them to be able to follow my progress in building a "workshop" in my hollow. The 3 month construction period is now into month 8 :) I have gotten lazy about the blog as I have become overwhelmed by keeping up with the construction, my career, my family, etc. As I begin again here in month 8, I am committed to not only getting back on the wagon, but catching up on these past three months adventures via the blog...one day at a time.

So enjoy the laughter and the tears as a single girl continues her adventure...building her dream at the bottom of the mountain, by the creek, in a beautiful hollow in north Arkansas.

Working My Way Back Home

Working My Way Back Home
Me...Completely Giddy...1st Day

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cedar Deck Railing





Once the exterior doors were installed and stained on the last weekend of March, it was time to start the railing (first week of April).

I love the covered deck.  It may very well become my favorite room in the place.  As you know from an earlier blog, when you look up you see cedar beams and the metal roof.  The cedar for that came from Phillip Fouraker...when it came to the railing, we went back to Fouraker to get more cedar.  Steve and his crew did an amazing job on the railing.  I love it.  There will be a surprise add-on....it will come by June (hopefully), and I don't plan on ruining the surprise...stay posted :)

You will notice that the left side of the deck there is no railing...that is where the sprial staircase will connect.  It is set to be installed the week of April 26th :)

No comments:

Post a Comment